11 TIPS TO BECOME A BETTER PUBLIC SPEAKER
CLICK HERE TO VIEW!*
Or Right Click to Download
* To flip the pages, click on the arrow on the far-right of the page; OR drag pages with your mouse!
Public Speaking Coach
Commit to Becoming the Best SPEAKER & PRESENTER!
GET THE MENTORING & COACHING OF AN AWARD-WINNING AUTHOR AND 2-TIME TEDx SPEAKER!
Public Speaking Coaching
Navigating Speaking Coaching Program
Public speaking is ranked in the Book of Lists as the #1 fear of most people in the U.S. With a whopping 41%, it outranks the 19% who fear death more. Yet you have lots of knowledge and stories you’d like to pass along, so why not learn to embrace public speaking?
Good verbal communication skills are critical to success in any endeavor, be it the storyteller at Thanksgiving, or a presentation to your organization membership. A lack of presentation and communication skills, and not enough practice and preparation are the silent killers of many great ideas. At a recent entrepreneur pitch-fest to venture capitalists, 7 out of 8 presenters were called to task by the panel for their lack of presentation skills. That’s a whopping 87.5%!
Learn to Make a Killer Presentation
Why not stack the deck in your favor by learning to make a killer presentation? Whether it’s the story about the fish that got away, a 10-minute business pitch, or an all day conference presentation, speaking success comes from knowledge, organization, experience, and practice. However, not everyone was taught how to speak well in school, which is why every successful speaker has a coach.
Many executives are good at their jobs in business but tend to “wing it” when presenting. Good speaking is an art that includes how to plan and write what you’re going to say, in addition to saying it well.
Communicate Your Points with Power
Larry Jacobson, a two-time TEDx presenter, motivational speaker, and presenter of hundreds of proposals in the corporate world knows how to communicate your points to your audience. More importantly, he knows how to teach these skills to you. From corporate executives to political candidates, Jacobson ranks at the top for teaching the skills you need. He listens intently and has the ability to laser focus on what needs improvement.
All coaching with Larry is 100% confidential. The number of coaching slots is limited so we suggest you get on the calendar well in advance of that upcoming presentation.
Jacobson believes in always over-delivering to his clients, and to him, a 1-hour session = 90 minutes. In six sessions, you’ll learn to:
- Develop Your Presentation
- Deliver Your Presentation using professional skills and style
- Depending on your requests and requirements, Larry will focus more time on those elements where you need the most work.
If you have a speech to deliver, that’s the one you’ll work on to perfection throughout the course. If you don’t have a speech in mind, you’ll create one and work on that throughout the course. Meetings can be held in person at Larry’s bay area office, or via Skype.
Navigating Speaking, Coaching Course Outline
I. Developing the presentation
- Your overall speech foundation. The main premise, purpose, theme, or point of the speech.
- Creating Your Foundational Phrase
- The 3 to 5 sub-stories with pictures to make their points. Open, story, and close with point.
- Posing a question to the audience
- Puts them in the picture
Strong closing — bring it back to the audience
- What action or memory do you want the audience to take away? Example: “You can make your dream come true.” How will their life be improved if they take this away with them? Example: “Choose to Lead” Key phrases they will remember eg. “Fear is nature’s way of making us focus on the task at hand.”
- High You/Me ratio.
II.Presentation skills and style.
- Tell me a story: Open, story, close with point
- Head: think
- Heart: connect
- Belly: laugh
- Dialog Different people: change positions
- Characters and what is needed to describe them
- Describe: 2 to 3 points
- Change in character from beginning of story to end
- Fat words vs. skinny words: “Thing” vs. Conclusion, Event, Circumstance, element…
- Setting the scene of a story with the 5 senses. Painting a word picture.
- Body language
- Movement: walk and stop, turn and speak
- What do with your hands.
- Suspense and foreshadowing
- Humor: rule of 3, re-defining, look to you, don’t step on punch line
- It takes 3 skills to get a boat around the world: passion, bravery, and the ability to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew.
- To be a good speaker, you need passion, enthusiasm, and to take away the audience’s cell phones.
- You may not know this, but cold calling is actually a Yiddish term, meaning beating your head against the wall.
- I trust my gut. And the bigger it gets, the more I trust it.
The power of Pause vs. Um, uh, and other filler words
- Voice inflection and volume level. Turn the dials.
- Change it every 5 minutes or so
- Different levels for different parts of the story
- Death by PowerPoint
- You’re human – show it
This training WILL transform the way you deliver your presentations. It will make you the confident presenter you always wished you could be… And now you can – Make sure to enroll* during open enrollment…!
Now Only $1295.00
in one payment, paid in advance
Here’s a Recap of what’s included:
- 6 value-loaded coaching & mentoring sessions
- Worksheets, Checklists, and Resources
- Additional sessions available as needed, at $195.00 per 90-minute session.
* Larry can only serve a limited number of students. If you still see the “I Want to be Mentored by Larry…” button below, sign up while still available!
I can unconditionally say that you were absolutely one of the best speakers to appear at our club
As Program Chair for the Golden Gate Breakfast Club in San Francisco, I can unconditionally say that you were absolutely one of the best speakers to appear at our club. Any group would find you tremendously interesting and inspirational. Your presentation was really quite exceptional, and combined with your engaging speaking style held the attention of all members, which is quite a feat given our diverse interests and age span.
I had many members approach me with positive comments on how inspired they were by your speech. Please feel free to use me as a reference for any future speaking engagements.
Larry Jacobson was the perfect wrap-up speaker at TEDx
“Larry Jacobson was the perfect wrap-up speaker at TEDx. We met him during an event we sponsored coaching and training TEDx speakers for their event in Golden Gate Park.
His talk about the pursuit of passion hit home with the audience. You could see it in their eyes and hear it in their applause.
Larry has a grasp of presentation skills reserved for those few professionals at the top. I would recommend him for any association or corporate event where leadership, risk, passion, sales, decision-making, attitude, and perseverance are even remotely related to the theme.
His business knowledge and know-how from sailing around the world give him a unique perspective and allow him to speak from experience. He’s the real deal and his proficiency shows.”
We loved him so much, we invited him back again...
We loved Larry’s message so much we invited him back to speak at our annual company off-site in Palm Springs. His message was inspiring and was a wonderful way to kick off our annual meeting that was all around igniting the passion again.
Thank you, Larry, for all you have done, and for what you continue to do to spread your passion to others.
Great message and a magnetic personality!
Wow! What a way to end our TEDx Golden Gate Park event. Larry was the perfect “book end” to an amazing day. His talk encompassed the energy and goal of the event perfectly. He was clear and passionate about his message. He was humble and captivating in his storytelling. Most of all he was INSPIRING! I would strongly recommend Larry as an event/motivational speaker. He has a great message and a magnetic personality that connects with people.
If your team needs a shot of inspiration and is looking for an effective speaker, Larry is your man
It’s now impossible for me to separate in my mind my experience of Larry Jacobson’s talk at the TEDx Golden Gate Park conference from my experience of reading his book, The Boy Behind the Gate. Larry’s experience of circumnavigating the globe makes for a very compelling story on the page or in person.
He sailed under the Golden Gate bridge heading south to his boyhood home in Long Beach and sailed back under the bridge 6 years later. The persistence and courage required for this journey were remarkable. He faced numerous obstacles along the way but kept pressing on until he’d reached his goal.
Larry’s enthusiasm and humor make him a compelling speaker. If your team or organization needs a shot of inspiration and is looking for an effective speaker, Larry is your man.
... inspiring, thought-provoking, and, frankly, fun!
It was my pleasure to hear Larry Jacobson speak at the CASE District VII conference in March where his topic was “Make Passion Your Priority.” He was one of our opening speakers and what a way to kick off our conference! The conference theme invited attendees to shake things up and reinvent themselves in order to better serve their institutions in an ever-changing environment. Embracing even minute change is not easy. However, after Larry’s presentation, I felt like I should just go for it! Take on life and my work with all of the gusto I could muster.
This speaker was inspiring, thought-provoking, and, frankly, fun! Larry helped to set the stage for the rest of our conference – he was exactly what we needed!
You set a warm and non-judgmental tone that made it comfortable for all the participants
That was a great program you delivered! I was impressed by the willingness of the group to do the exercises and “share”. You set a warm and non-judgmental tone that made it comfortable for all the participants. Thanks again for all the prep work you did to create the workshop handouts and for the energy and enthusiasm you brought to the program. You are a wonder!
“Larry was wonderful, passionate, compelling, authentic, inspirational, funny and very human. He wrapped up the day beautifully!”
TEDx Golden Gate Park
“Larry just knocked it out of the park! It’s been wonderful to have him as a keynote speaker during our event!”
“WOW! Larry just brought the entire world into our conference room! He inspired our managers & directors to better handle challenges that we face on a daily basis. I wholeheartedly recommend you invite Larry to speak at your meeting, whether it’s big or small. Let him share his story!”
Senior Vice President, LB Transit
Are You Ready to
Transform Your Public Speaking Skills?
*** DO YOU HAVE TO DELIVER A WORKSHOP, SPEECH, OR PRESENTATION… COMING UP IN A FEW DAYS? ***
DO YOU NEED SOME QUICK HELP…?
The Speaking Tune-Up Package:
If you are preparing for an upcoming presentation or speech and would like feedback on your presentation, power tips to generate more engagement and higher impact, and would love to get advice on how to generate a powerful impact with your upcoming presentation, then this program is the answer.
With the Speaking Tune-up Package, you’ll receive:
- Two 90-minutes value-packed sessions of listening, feedback, and tips for improving your speaking skills by leaps and bounds
- Feedback and suggestions to improving your OPENING & CLOSING of your presentation (*the two most critical elements*)
- In between-sessions eMail support
Your Investment for this package: Regular:
$997.00Now Only $597.00
* – Additional sessions available as needed, at $195.00 per 90-minute session.
Are you considering signing up, but have some questions?
Would you like a custom quote?
Click HERE to Contact Larry Jacobson!