Proper anchoring is not just for boats — it’s for your life.
Sailing around the world teaches you to have faith in your anchor. Sometimes it was nerve-wracking as to whether or not the anchor would hold, but after learning proper techniques, we knew we could trust the anchor to hold us through the worst of conditions. Having anchors in your life is important. The potential metaphors are endless.
My personal life anchors are mental convictions I can always count on. I confess they don’t hold 100% of the time, but they guide me and keep me from drifting. By sharing my life anchors, I hope to inspire you to establish your personal anchors for Your Unstoppable Life.
1. I can direct my life by the actions I take. I choose where to set the anchor. If I don’t like where I am anchored, I should move.
2. I establish my own values and morals. I establish these anchors based on the information around me and look ahead to changes that might be coming.
3. I have a backup plan. I continually refine my goals and visions. I want them manageable, achievable, and far-reaching.
4. I always strive to improve in character and craft. Digging deep for strength and skill takes practice.
5. I appreciate those around me and strive to let them know it. It’s not necessary to yell at your friends or crew.
6. I enjoy the view and mark the worth of every day.
I hope you’ll find these “anchors” as useful as I found them. I use these almost like guiding principles in my life. Feel free to borrow them.
Your Retirement Life-Style Design Coach
Larry Jacobson is America’s #1 trusted authority on non-fiscal retirement life-style planning. He is the creator of the Award-Winning “Sail Into Retirement” life-style design program; developed based on his own Retirement Transformation Experience. He retired early and sailed around the world… in 6 years. Larry is a two-time TEDx speaker, and a regular speaker at Retirement and Life-Style Planning events. Larry believes only in teaching what he knows, and he loves helping his clients turn their passion into their dream retirement. If you’d like to explore inviting Larry to speak at your organization’s next event; or if you’d like to be coached by Larry, Click HERE to contact him!
If you have any questions about Retirement Life-Style Planning, you can send Larry Jacobson a message – Click HERE!